Friday 30 January 2009

More moisturising and motivational reading done. Thought of something to go on my new list last night and now I've forgotten!

Number 21: To find and speak to Gail.......

Gail was my best friend at school and even stayed with me each weekend at Uni as she took a year out. We lost contact when she went to University and I've tried for years to find her to get back in contact. I managed to find out she had been teaching in London, then possibly went abroad for a few years. Apart from that, absolute blank. I'd looked on all social networking sites and put shouts out on 'looking for' forums, but to no avail and I guessed she just didn't want to be found or wasn't very into the internet.......

imagine my surprise when yesterday, her younger sister found me on Facebook! I nearly fell off my chair!

I have found out Gail has 2 children and her younger sister is going to pass on my email address and try to get her to join Facebook. After all these years of searching, it's great that something has suddenly happened as I had thoughts of after 1001 days me not ever finding her.

4 comments:

  1. Thats such a lovely story and even better because its true! Am so pleased for you, it must be a wonderful feeling to finally be making that connection again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've now got her email addy........I've dropped her a line......if she replies, I'm going to count that as 'spoken to' for my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - what fantastic news! I do hope she gets back to you and yes I would count that one as a "completed" if she mails back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would count it as completed if she gets back in touch, however am sure it will mean so much more to hear from her, than it does to tick it off!

    ReplyDelete